PDA

View Full Version : north east outlets

GARYBA
26-12-06, 11:41
Hi every one would like to start by wishing every one a Merry Chritmas and a Happy New Year.Like most other people was not able to attend the first meeting but hope to attend the next.
I now have 2 weeks holiday and would like to spend a day travelling around the north east looking at some of the outlets and spending some of my Christmas money on my hobby. I know of a few shops ,CYBER AQUATIC,RICHARDSONS GARDEN CENTER AT SEHAM AND BETTA AT BYKER.
I`ve heard of a one at Whitley Bay ,Illfracombe Gardens is this open and has anyone been there ,also does anyone know of any other shops that cater for marines in this neck of the woods thats worth a visit.
Cheers gary

JAGR
26-12-06, 12:24
mostly marines at Peterlee usualy have some good stock in gordon

chrisc67
26-12-06, 13:17
North East Marines Byker Bridge is quite good, they're on the Shields Road side.

Paul
26-12-06, 13:48
you have a pm

GARYBA
26-12-06, 15:16
Cheers lads Claude has given me a comprehensive list of shops in the area.It appears that most are shut on a wed, so i`ll get round what i can and do the rest on another day, it`s mainly dry goods i`me after ,new hlides, power heads and cal reactor, know what i want but thought it would be good to have alook around the shops while i have time.Have softies at the moment but am upgrading to hard corals. any shops i visit worth a mention will let you know. It might be a good idea to put some form of guide to the shops in the north east!.
Regards Gary

daz103
01-01-07, 17:25
any shops i visit worth a mention will let you know.
It might be a good idea to put some form of guide to the shops in the north east!.
Regards Gary

If you get round to visiting all of them you may find that some of them you give a mention of isn't because they are good LFS.
I can think of a couple of others, but wont waste my (or your) time mentioning them.
The guide is a good idea Gary
Cheers Daz

daz103
01-01-07, 21:39
North East Marines Byker Bridge is quite good, they're on the Shields Road side.

I stopped using Freds (North East Marines) Is Warren Still there (the guy who took over from Martyn)??????????

Paul
01-01-07, 21:52
Warren is there still.

cl0wn
16-01-07, 22:10
just thought i'd let you know that tropical house is now just that, tropicals - seems that they were too expensive for the woman who owns it to stock.

cl0wn
09-02-07, 04:46
another heads up, better news this time Strykes at Stokesley are currently refurbing the fish bit and are to have a maidenhead aquatics franchise/branch in there. might be worth a visit, as it's main rival has gone a bit downhill since their refurb ;)

cl0wn
09-02-07, 04:52
just been on maidenhead's website and inded we are on their store map (spelt wrongly). will keep you updated as my mate works there.

reefer110
10-02-07, 19:35
Maidenhead should be open early March and take 3mths to fully stock, all the usual stuff from TMC at the usual prices, the kits on the floor now , looks good.
Oh and clown try and keep up it's 'rival' closed its marine section a week ago.

gary smith
10-02-07, 20:57
who has closed then i don`t venture in that direction usually thanks gary

Bex206
11-02-07, 16:44
Gotta say although im new, north east marines couldnt be any more helpful especially a just starting out etc.. i'm buying everything off them

cl0wn
11-02-07, 17:43
it's 'rival' closed its marine section a week ago.

wow, did not know that!

shame, cos they were cheap, but has disappointed since the refurb

daz103
11-02-07, 20:53
Gotta say although im new, north east marines couldnt be any more helpful especially a just starting out etc.. i'm buying everything off them
Hi (again) Bex

They might be helpful at Freds (north east marines) but when I last looked in last year it looked to be a little downhill after Martyn left (he was VERY helpfull to people new to the hobby), the tanks looked really dirty & most of the fish had w/spot, the guy who had just replaced Martyn's position wasn't in (2nd time) & had left the guy who looks after the birds, to take care of the fish side too .
I later heard that he had suffered a total wipeout, but cant confirm if this is true or not.
I may pop in next time I am passing just to have a look & see what its like now.

I would reccomend Cyber aquatics on the valley if you haven't already been there.
Chris (proprietor), Richy & john (staff ) are decent guys & will help & advise you a little, & I think there prices are better too.
Daz

Bex206
11-02-07, 21:02
i dont know the guys name but there is a guy in charge of the fish side, and the tanks are spotless.. all fish look fine n healthy.. have a look in because i think it looks great in there

hey daz lol

daz103
11-02-07, 21:10
Warren last time I checked.
He used to work at cyber.
Next time your in, Let me know if it is him that is still there or if someone else has replaced him.
Cheers
Daz

Paul
11-02-07, 21:51
Warrens still there, top bloke, will recommend you go shop around if you don't see what you are after, no pressure to buy anything, very helpful and puts in 110%. You have to be quick to get stuff the best stuff as it bounces in and out really fast. The shop is open 7 days a week, Warren has Thursday off, and leaves Fred (who owns the shop and the building) to man the decks.

No total wipeout as far as i'm aware.

Might be an idea to keep non-sponsor LFS chatter to PM's, as its really frowned upon on this board by the mod team (i speak from experience after being on the receiving end of a moderated tongue lashing ;) )

cl0wn
12-02-07, 14:43
i speak from experience after being on the receiving end of a moderated tongue lashing ;)

and how do i upgrade my account to include this service!!!

cl0wn
14-02-07, 01:46
it's 'rival' closed its marine section a week ago.

popped in today as i heard it was alan and heather's last day, just to wish them good luck in the future and they will be missed.

marine section was selling off it's last few bits and bobs, managed to get a few zoos. apparently all the decent stuff went on saturday for ridiculous money, (if you got the vivid green zoos please let me know).

also popped in to the new branch of maidenhead, and have to admit it's looking pretty good, majority of the tanks were in situ, just got to plumb them in and fill 'em up! the guy who was helpin with the set up was very convincing and i must admit i can't wait for it to open........

cl0wn
26-02-07, 17:53
on a salt hunt today, none of my LFS had any in so went along to north east exotic pets on acklam road.

must say very impressed for such a small set up and Lee certainly knows his marine. for a tenner a year you get a card which entitles you to 10% off the already good prices. picked up a lovely dragon wrasse for 15 quid.

will be taking the mrs to have a look in the foreseeable. i see you've popped in with a poster claude.

dollydip
03-03-07, 19:25
I have also been to north east exotic pets and i agree with clown very pleasant and made alot of sense didnt try to talk down to me as im only new and DIDNT try and sell me something i didnt need!!! in fact turned a sale down saying he didnt want to sell me the item because it wouldnt be suitable for what i wanted even though i asked to buy the item !! that in my book goes miles in terms of honesty and being genuine im deffinately going back :applause: :applause: :applause:

fozzybear
19-04-07, 16:31
hi lee here cheers for the compliment on the shop we always strive to be honest and deliver value for money here as our web site states a shop by hobbyists for hobbists lol (pm me for website address) thats enough plugs for now lol

cl0wn
20-04-07, 02:15
'bout time you started posting lee, got anything nice in? pm if required.

gary smith
20-04-07, 11:24
are you there lee did you get my pm:p cheers gary

fozzybear
20-04-07, 13:39
hiya gary !! yeah it is about time i started to post stuff but you know me i dont like to get into debates about stuff lol, and yep we get new stuff every week but as for the lps and sps stuff we have held back till we get a few more people who are interested in them! but keep in tough as we are now starting to deal with another company and bring in our own acros etc!!

gary smith
20-04-07, 13:44
pm me if you get any thing interesting :thumbsup: cheers gary

fozzybear
20-04-07, 15:01
will do gary if you let me know of anything you or anyone else wants i will as always do my best to get it!! possibly be getting bartlets anthias in a month or so and just sourceing a breeding pair of scribbled angels for another customer! plus we have all our main supliers accounts set up now so if you want it we can get it!!