Notices

Thread: Protein Skimmer Boyu DG-2516 Problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Protein Skimmer Boyu DG-2516 Problems 
    Anyone know where I can find a set of instructions for this, I can't get it working well consistently. The air input seems to stop everyday and needs to be adjusted each day, becoming a right pain now. From what I gather the air input valve is the left as the protein skimmer faces outward and on the right is the flow adjuster but I can't confirm this. Everytime I seem to get a nice bubbly overflow, the air input either turns off and the water/bubble level drops under the funnel level or the water level rises above the funnel and fills the overflow cup with just tank water! Getting a bit tedious now!

As its made by boyu its probably junk that will never work properly, with skimmers its best to bite the bullet, buy something more expensive safe in the knowledge it will work as advertised.

However i have no experience with the specified skimmer so cant be of assistance.

What skimmer would you recommend?

Sump or hang on tank? Budget?

dont mind either really, maybe up to 200

Maybe a nac7 then. Bubble magus.

Had a similar skimmer for two yrs with no issue. where is the skimmer? Is the water level changing with evaporation?

The skimmer is on the side of the tank. The water level does of course chane with evaporation but not to bad as I have condensation tray and top up the water daily.

I have found that if the water level isn't high enough the skimmer will struggle.

Ah right I see, even though the water level is 8 inches above the skimmer pump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast