Notices

Thread: Whats this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    Keep an eye on it ...
    It?

Do you mean them? As i'm guessing this is what they all are in picture 1 and 2?

Having looked around on the net, it seems that its almost a battle that i can't win without removing the rock in question, which is probably most of it and completely letting them dry out or something?

So far it feels this is very much a waste of 50.

I expected a few Aiptasia as from previous experience they are very common, but last time i never had Majano at all, or at least i never saw any. This time it would look that by the state of the rock in the first 2 pics it is covered. Then there is the problem sponge that is all over the bottom of 1 of the rocks, another issue! Not to mention the 4 bristle worms i have got out with my tweezers!

So far, not very impressed.

Incidentally ... whilst handling live rock its a good idea to wear gloves ... unless you enjoy being attacked by small marine life
    What gloves do people wear?

I have a box of those tight latex ones that dentists etc wear, but they are powered on the inside, would they be ok or not?

Matt is offline Club contact - Birmingham & Black Country Reef Club
    The powdered ones aren't a good idea ... although it should be an inert talc it isn't advisable to add unknowns to the tank ... Nitrile gloves are stronger and easy enough to get hold of on ebay and the like ... If you use a couple of rubber bands round the wrists you'll also keep the water out ... If the feeling starts going in the fingers then you might want bigger bands

The powdered ones aren't a good idea ... although it should be an inert talc it isn't advisable to add unknowns to the tank ... Nitrile gloves are stronger and easy enough to get hold of on ebay and the like ... If you use a couple of rubber bands round the wrists you'll also keep the water out ... If the feeling starts going in the fingers then you might want bigger bands
    I did wonder if the powder would harm things or not, guess its best to not risk it.

I'll have a look for them gloves, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12