Notices

Thread: Lighting on Kent 94L tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Lighting on Kent 94L tank 
    Have any of you guy's who have the same tank as me altered the PC lights on it?

I purchased my Kent tank second hand however I never asked how long the previous owner had the tank for so thats why I'm thinking of changing them but I cannot find anywhere that sells replacement bulbs online to fit the hood.

Anyone have any ideas?

Never looked at a Kent 94L before, but in google images, the bulbs look identical to those used in Orca/Boyu tanks. A 4 pin compact, they come in several different watts. 11/13, 18, 24, 36, 55. they basically get longer with the wattage.

Aqua one and Blau both do 4 pin compacts.

Does this look same as your bulb? (just an example of a Sunlight 18w 4 pin)

They can sometimes be a PITA to get hold of. My LFS can get them in for me, usually need 3/4 weeks notice for the white/blue combo bulb. Most local LFS to me have the 18w's in stock but from pictures looks the Kent might use the 24w.

This is Blau website http://www.blau-aquaristic.com/plbulbs.html (you can't buy direct from them so shouldn't be a problem with link/sponsors)
    Aqua one bulbs are still around but I'm led to believe they've actually stopped production of them.
    Last edited by ReeferRoss; 23-04-13 at 00:57.
    550ltr Mixed Reef - Clearseal 4x2x2.5 tank & Sump, Ecotech Radions x2, Ecotech MP40w, AquaMedic Turbo Floater 3000 Skimmer, Kent Marine Reactor (Carbon), TMC v2 Vecton 600 UV w/ Eheim 1000lph pump for Steriliser and Reactor, Newjet 6000lph Return, Newatt 300w Heater x2, hailea HC500 Cooler w/ 3500lph, 6500k 22w Sump light, Red Sea Salt.

36x24x27 Inverts & Moorish Idol tank
    120ltr Quarantine BOYU Tank
    36x24x27 ACS/Vince FOWLR - mums, but I stock and maintain

3. Lighting on Kent 94L tank 
    When I had the river reef 94 (basically the same as thing) I used to get mine from charter house aquatics. They where under the dd nano cube 24g section. Good price and the where the white/blue combo. Not sure if you have the 24 or 36w but they have both in stock

http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/nanocube-range-spare-parts-c-246_251.html

You can get the official ones from eBay. Do a search for Interpret t5s. They have the double white and white /blues-same as you get with the initial tank set up.

Sorry-search should be for Interpet. Dam spell check. :-)

Excellent, thanks guys

I junked mine the PCs are to weak and fitted a kessil 350, wow huge difference. no heat problems, algae after 6 months due to the bulbs red shifting, corals are more colourful and i can grow anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinclownfish View Post
    I junked mine the PCs are to weak and fitted a kessil 350, wow huge difference. no heat problems, algae after 6 months due to the bulbs red shifting, corals are more colourful and i can grow anything.
    Do you have a photo of how your lighting now looks?

I'd also be really keen to hear about this. I've been thinking about upgrading to LEDs for a bit but struggle to find anything giving details of how to do it-or which are the best lights. The Kessils look great-but I can't find them in the uk-where did you buy them from? (I've also got a Kent Marine BTW).

i got them from Cardiff city aquatics, but had hassles from them so cant reccomend them. charterhouse aquatics should do them. i went for the narrow beam. I may have considered the new razor nano maxspect. cheaper and known to be great lights. i had to remove the lid to fit the kessil overhead, i would be possible to do a DIY fitting in the lid if your feeling brave. If your not ging to keep SPS them a kessil 150 is probably enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast