UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Sponsors > Red Sea > Reef Care Program & other Red Sea chemicals/tests

Reef Care Program & other Red Sea chemicals/tests Please use this section for Reefcare program other Red Sea chemicals and Tests

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-11, 21:26
Angelfish

Hi there,

Been using the product now since I set my rsm 250 up in march and have been dosing constantly, 5ml a day. My no3 & po4 have really not changed in that time. No3 3ppm and po4 0.08. I would like to drop the no3 a tad but not much more as I going for quick coral growth at this early stage in my tanks life rather than colour. Would all be happy with these levels?

Also asked advice at my lfs and they said I must get po4 down and if I removed the carbon from the tank this would help the no3po4x to do this. I was of the understanding that you can run carbon along side the product without compromising it's performance?

Cheers

Nk
Old 21-08-11, 21:35
Angelfish

I've just started using it and after 1 week my No3 has dropped from 3ppm to 2.5ppm. Can't seem to get my po4 below 0.03 though. I'm still getting a fair bit of algae (various forms) but the tank has only been running about 6 weeks.
Old 28-08-11, 08:14
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keck View Post
Hi there,

Been using the product now since I set my rsm 250 up in march and have been dosing constantly, 5ml a day. My no3 & po4 have really not changed in that time. No3 3ppm and po4 0.08. I would like to drop the no3 a tad but not much more as I going for quick coral growth at this early stage in my tanks life rather than colour. Would all be happy with these levels?

Also asked advice at my lfs and they said I must get po4 down and if I removed the carbon from the tank this would help the no3po4x to do this. I was of the understanding that you can run carbon along side the product without compromising it's performance?

Cheers

Nk

Hi Keck,
Your thinking is correct, if you are using No3Po4-X with elevated Foundation Element levels (Red Sea Coral Pro salt) then your Po4 level is also correct.

Activated Carbon does not effect No3Po4-X and we recommend its use.

Kevin Davies
Technical Support Manager
Red Sea Group

Old 28-08-11, 08:26
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL3reef View Post
I've just started using it and after 1 week my No3 has dropped from 3ppm to 2.5ppm. Can't seem to get my po4 below 0.03 though. I'm still getting a fair bit of algae (various forms) but the tank has only been running about 6 weeks.
Hi GL3reef, what levels are you trying to achieve ? what type of salt are you using?

The control of No3 & Po4 using No3Po4-X is a biological process which takes time, your system being only 6 weeks old will still be going through a lot of changes, pictures of the algae will help but I'm confident these will die back very quickly.

Kevin Davies
Red Sea Group

Old 21-09-11, 07:05
Clownfish

Zero readings still algae growth

Been using no3 po4 x in my nano tank for a week and it has brought my levels down to zero so I have cut dosage in half. I am using red sea test kits and reef energy a and b.

I have noticed feather type algae that I did not have before start to grow. It is still growing even though my readings are zero. There is obviously a reason for this. Could it be nitrates and phosphates being released from the sand and rock work?
Old 08-10-11, 07:41
Cleaner Shrimp

now having same problem, am wondering if once the NO3PO4 has reached its optimum with bacteria colonies if the NO3PO4 is now just adding too much of something and perhaps needs to be reduced more than instructed?
Old 25-08-12, 00:39
Clownfish

hi, ive been using this for 4 weeks, excellent,i can say it does exactly what it says, i have tried pearls priorto this without results, but this product is fantastic
Old 25-08-12, 06:44
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydog View Post
hi, ive been using this for 4 weeks, excellent,i can say it does exactly what it says, i have tried pearls priorto this without results, but this product is fantastic
H Murphydog, Thank you for your kind comments, please keep us updated with your progress.

Kevin Davies
Red Sea Group

Old 25-08-12, 07:15
Clownfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderliner View Post
My NO3 reading was above 30ppm and PO4 was 36ppm, I starting dosing about two weeks ago, today my readings for NO3 were 0.50ppm, and for PO4 - zero.

I tested using Red Sea test kits, but I didn't believe the readings, so I repeated the tests using Salifert test kits, and came up with similar results.

Very effective - would definitively recommend
thats a massive drop in such a short time...not recommended.

are you using a phosphate remover as the logic here using this product,the no3 should and would have come down faster that your po4.

the po4 bacteria takes a lot longer to establish before it starts taking effect.

good results tho but again too fast.
Old 25-08-12, 07:18
Clownfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crundy View Post
Been using it for about 3 weeks now. How long before I can expect to see a reduction in NO3?
I'm using it in combination with a nitrate reactor filled with denitrate.

the bacteria that consume these nutrients do and can take their time to kick in,however running the reactor in line with this method is your problem,its slowing the process down.

take the reactor off and check your nopox dosing is correct too.
Closed Thread