UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Regional Forums > South East

South East Regional co-ordinator -: Marc Foord
Gr.London, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent

Old 28-12-11, 09:44
Octopus

Where have all the North London reefers gone?

I popped in to have a look at the regional forum for North London and the last post was on the 30-01-11 and wow that is a long time ago, so posted this on there also.

I managed to get my big upgrade of the ground with a lot of help from guys on here and have met a few reefers this side of London but I think it is a bit of a shame the North London forum seems to have just died. I know people are very busy with life in general and some have unfortunately due to crappy circumstances and they way things are going with jobs and the cost of living in this country some have simply had to give up the hobby, after all we know itís not the cheapest.
Any how I am wondering if itís worth trying to revive this forum just so we all as ďlocalsĒ can help each other out from time to time with anything to do with our addiction
I know I am due to buy salt again soon so was wondering if anyone would be interested in a bulk buy? I will hold my hands up and say I have no clue as to how I would go about this, or how many people would need to be included to get a decent discount.
I think it would be nice if we could get this going again, for meets/trades/ info/best buys and just a good natter on what is happening local to us.
hope I aint stepped on anyones toes asking this, but if you don't ask you will never know.

So is it worth trying to kick a bit of life into this for 2012?
Old 28-12-11, 09:52
Regional Co-ordinator - South East Region + South West + West London Reef Club Leader

IMHO you need someone to lead your club/group like i do for the wlrc. starting point would be to post up to get interest, then get everyone's email addresses etc and see if there is interest in a meet etc. i'd be happy to offer you some input/ideas etc if it helps. the guy who was supposed to be running your group did attend a wlrc meet ages ago and we had a chat, but it looks like he's left it alone since then, hence why it's effectively "died". there was a london zoo aquarium meet the nlrc organised which a few wlrc people attended and was apparently very good...

the wlrc have a few lfs meets and other things that would be suitable/have space for some of your group to attend as guests of the wlrc too if that helps.....

** PM me to be added to the West London Reef Club email list. For more information on the West London Reef Club, please see http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=190249 **
Old 10-01-12, 20:10
Octopus

i posted an intrest on that thread and no one bothered to contact so i didnt bother with it.
29x26x20 200 ltr 21x15x18 sump nd aquatics, deltec apf600, red sea pro salt, 300 watt heater, 9w jebo uv, 55kg fiji live rock, tunze 2015, 6055x2, redsea a&B, med grade coral sand, compact 2000, 2x24w t5 blue, 2x24w t5 10k&15k geisman bulbs, 31 cree leds 1 ltr cabon and rowa
Old 26-02-12, 18:13
Moray Eel

I live in Finsbury Park and would definitely be interested in becoming involved in any local discussions or cheap buys...
Old 07-07-12, 22:16
Moray Eel

???
Old 07-07-12, 22:18
Octopus

This is over a year old thread mate
Long day forgive me mate my maths are terriable
Old 07-07-12, 22:58
Moray Eel

Maybe old but I agree we really do need something for London if not for north London. It seems like most of the reefers on here are anywhere but London!!!
Old 09-07-12, 09:34
Regional Co-ordinator - South East Region + South West + West London Reef Club Leader

the wlrc is very active (and we cover any part of london you like as long as you are willing to make the effort to attend meetings regularly ), as is the south east london club. further out (surrey etc) there is the MGTG too - so a few options

** PM me to be added to the West London Reef Club email list. For more information on the West London Reef Club, please see http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=190249 **
Old 09-07-12, 09:36
Moray Eel

Whereabouts in west?
Old 09-07-12, 12:15

have a read of

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=190249

predominantly w/sw but we get around too