UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > Systems: > Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient

Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient Post your questions, advice or experiences concerning these new methods. e.g. Prodibio, Fauna Marin and Zeovit

Old 08-03-12, 20:23
Sea Turtle

is this a plan?

Once running zeo, How do you know when to up dose or lower dose? Is it all down to colouration and chemistry? I'm going to run like a diary with test results daily for the first week or so. If there is no difference i'll go back to testing once a week, unless something looks a miss. Also i'm thinking of doing a weekly photo of each of my corals to see if i notice any fading or darkening<<is that a word? Also then I can see what growth I get.
BTW, taking pics of all my corals won't be hard I only have 2 SPS 3 LPS ha
Does that sound like a plan?
Thanks
Old 09-03-12, 19:33
Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforadave View Post
Once running zeo, How do you know when to up dose or lower dose? Is it all down to colouration and chemistry?
That is the "Golden Question" !! There are many variations from tank to tank but the only dosage which lowers is Start and Bak. Bak you will dose only twice a week when running and Start is just a lower amount 2x day.

Old 09-03-12, 20:06
Sea Turtle

Ok that's fine. I've only got 2 sps so I'm going to go slow. They cost me £20 so if I do something stupid it's not £100s down the drain. Also what salt do you use? I'm using h2ocean but the levels are too high. I was going to go with reefers best but not seen many tanks on it
Old 09-03-12, 20:42
Triggerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforadave View Post
Ok that's fine. I've only got 2 sps so I'm going to go slow. They cost me £20 so if I do something stupid it's not £100s down the drain. Also what salt do you use? I'm using h2ocean but the levels are too high. I was going to go with reefers best but not seen many tanks on it
I run a full zeo system (well two actually) and I use KZ reefers best on both of them.

RB is designed to be used in conjunction with the zeo method so the Para’s are in check to start with (or should be)

Each tank is different but if I was starting another zeo system I would use RB again

Mixes very nice, only draw back is you dont get a handy bucket at the end of it only a card board box and they dont hold water to well

Atb
Joe
Old 10-03-12, 07:39
Sea Turtle

Lmao. I saw that. Do you do 5% every 2 weeks like it says. Because a box would last a life time
Old 10-03-12, 20:50
Octopus

+1 for RBS, used to use ordinary Red Sea but params are still too high hence the reason for switching to RBS, it makes life a lot easier and less adjusting of balling.

Old 10-03-12, 21:16
Sea Turtle

RBS it is I may finish my bucket first and then sort levels out accordingly. Do you get it from a sponsor?
Old 11-03-12, 18:25
Octopus

Yes, H2O or Reef Shack