UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > Corals: > Soft corals

Soft corals All discussions relating to photosynthetic soft corals, gorgonians, mushrooms etc

Old 26-03-12, 17:02
Triggerfish

what next?

Hi guys

I currently have 2 nice zoa frags, some white star polyp and a nice little red mushroom colony, all seem to be doing well so I was wondering what softies people might reccomend next? sticking with softies for the time being as this is my first marine tank, set up start of the year.

Old 02-04-12, 10:42
Angelfish

Try a Kenya tree.

Or a Toadstool

Then there's the green devils finger (Sinularia), this pic does not do it justice, it's much nicer (brighter) in real life
Old 02-04-12, 10:57
Triggerfish

that green devils finger is stunning! if you ever frag it I would be interested LOL
Old 02-04-12, 12:48
Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrich View Post
that green devils finger is stunning! if you ever frag it I would be interested LOL
Everyone that's seen it has said the same. It bought it from a LFS as a 6-7 cm frag for 75. As a single piece, it's probaby worth about 150 now But this gain goes little to offset the losses I had .
Old 02-04-12, 14:21
Triggerfish

I've been busy this weekend, there are pics in my tank thread but added a small yellow polyp colony from LFS and a small colony of giant green zoas and a 2 headed blasto frag from daz100

Old 02-04-12, 15:05
Angelfish

Just looked at your tank thread, all coming along nicely. I've got 2 colonys of yellow polyps - just love the way that they wave about in the flow. Just watch that they don't get too much flow, otherwise they tend to get longer and not as 'pretty' as with a gentle flow.

You've got a similar setup 'fish/coral' to mine.

The giant green zoas are great, aren't they. They realy glow nicely when my main lights go out,under my UV/blue moonlight LED strip.

The Blasto will take a while to spread. I've been after some for a while and have only recently got some, all be it small ones like yours.

I've been getting more and more into my Zoas. I've got loads, but nothing really 'special'... and there are some really special ones out there.

Another thing to try is Fan Worms. They're great, and quite cheap - keep them off the sand though.
Good luck.

Oh, and here's mine (a bit out of date):
Old 02-04-12, 15:51
Triggerfish

Thanks, I will keep an eye on they yellow polyps, they arent in too much flow. I would describe it as a medium flow area. I wasn't goign to be going lps just yet but Darryl had a few frags at only 7 a head so I thought might as well give it a go. and later on this week I should be getting 15 heads of day tripper zoa along with a orange and a green ricordea

Old 02-04-12, 15:59
Angelfish

I just love the Ricordia Yumas. I'm soooo tempted to get more, it's just finding the room in my tank for them, and then there's the cost! Purple and green Rics.... orange Rics... mmmmmmm!
Old 02-04-12, 16:04
Triggerfish

Yeah once they have gone in Im going to leave it for a couple of months, make sure everything is still growning well and allow it to grow in to the tank.
Oh and just noticed you live in Kingston, I was at uni there (for a year) about 5 years ago and a few mates of mine still live in New Malden.