UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > General Reefing

General Reefing General discussion area for reefing topics

Old 04-01-11, 13:28
Cleaner Shrimp

Aqua One Aquareef 300 and 400

Does anyone have any news on the new 300ltr and 400ltr Aquareef systems from Aqua One? I'm looking for an all in one system and was sold on the red Sea Max 250 but it is pretty pricey. At around the 300ltr mark the new Aquareef seems very interesting but there are limited stockists and no images available that I can find. What are peoples experience with the Aquareef 200?
Old 04-01-11, 13:47
Cleaner Shrimp

We were looking at the Aquaone 300 and 400 the other day, but could not find much info either. We would be interested in whatever you find out.
Old 04-01-11, 20:46
Angelfish

I have the AR200 and if I had the option to get a new tank I probably wouldn't get one again. The tank itself seems well build imo and I've had no issues with it but the rest of the supplied equipment was poor quality/useless meaning I had to replace almost all of it which ended up costing a lot.

The 300 and 400 have a below sump rather than the 200's behind fuge which is a great improvement and the picture looks like it doesn't have rounded edges to the glass which look nice but are a pain to clean so again an improvement.

Personally i'd look at cheaper alternatives for the price and use the saved money to buy quality equipment and a more powerful lighting setup from the get go.
Old 05-01-11, 09:09
Triggerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_l78 View Post
Does anyone have any news on the new 300ltr and 400ltr Aquareef systems from Aqua One? I'm looking for an all in one system and was sold on the red Sea Max 250 but it is pretty pricey. At around the 300ltr mark the new Aquareef seems very interesting but there are limited stockists and no images available that I can find. What are peoples experience with the Aquareef 200?
For my experiences of the Aqua Reef 200, look at my thread below.

New tank: NSW 5'x2'x2' ND Aquatics

Old tank: AquaOne Aquareef 200

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=358782
Old 13-01-11, 16:33
Clownfish

Have seen this listed for sale at a couple of places now but no proper pictures yet.
It sounds like it might be a good kit for starting up, so im interested in seeing better images of it given its price bracket
Old 17-01-11, 16:15
Clownfish

Incidentally, i was in my local aquatics place yesterday and they produced a new AquaOne booklet with 2011 models in and they only had a 280l AquaOne tank setup with this alloy frame and plastic doors etc etc, no mention of a 300 or 400 whatsoever, so not sure whats really happening with it all as the AquaOne website is beyond pants and nobody having actual images of the supposed 300 and 400 (the booklet incidentally also used the same generic crappy image) I was also told this 280l model is meant to retail around 1200, which is well beyond prices ive seen aquatics places quoting for the supposed 300 and 400 versions
Old 21-01-11, 09:29
Cleaner Shrimp

I found one!!!

my local shop had one delivered yesterday and when i went to see it i was so impressed with all the equipment you get and it looks fantastic so i brought it as soon as i saw it, and its being delivered today, I will put some pics up when i get it set up.
Old 21-01-11, 10:03
Cleaner Shrimp

Thats fantastic. Which one have u gone for, what area did u get it from.
Old 21-01-11, 10:34
Cleaner Shrimp

i got the aqua reef 300 coming and i got it from a great shop in Coalville.
Old 21-01-11, 10:40
Cleaner Shrimp

cheers mate thats brill. Thats the one we were thinkin about. Will find out when they have got one to look at. Will look out for ur posts with interest. hope it works out brill for you.