UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Community > Member's Tanks: > Large

Large (Display volume 101-200 gallons / 451-900 l) Add your tank details and pics here.

Reply Click here to Vote for this tank as TOTM

Old 19-03-12, 18:17
Great White Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisont View Post
Hi Andy, do you have a chalk goby?
I had a lovely fat and healthy chalk goby right up until the day I got a carpet nem .

He did a great job looking after the sand and didn't spit too much either. He occassionally buried my zoas but he was a great character and a really useful member of the tank. If you are considering getting one then please make sure you've got enough sand bed to support him as they can be finnicky eaters. A photo of your sand bed would help.. (hint, hint!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
No its just the way he walks

(Sorry its been a long day)
Infantile and inapproproriate.........I'm rather embarrassed that I didn't think of that reply first .
Old 19-03-12, 20:08
Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
No its just the way he walks

(Sorry its been a long day)
I've missed something here haven't I? When I posted, I read it back 3 times, in no way can that be taken as an innuendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangaroa View Post
I had a lovely fat and healthy chalk goby right up until the day I got a carpet nem .

He did a great job looking after the sand and didn't spit too much either. He occassionally buried my zoas but he was a great character and a really useful member of the tank. If you are considering getting one then please make sure you've got enough sand bed to support him as they can be finnicky eaters. A photo of your sand bed would help.. (hint, hint!)
I've currently got diatoms in my tank, and it's coral gravel based. I want to change the gravel to fine sand (bought already, delivery weds) and then get a chalk goby to keep it clean.
Would you only recommend one on an established sand bed or will he be ok being target fed frozen every night?
Old 19-03-12, 20:46
Great White Shark

Quote:

I've currently got diatoms in my tank, and it's coral gravel based. I want to change the gravel to fine sand (bought already, delivery weds) and then get a chalk goby to keep it clean.
Would you only recommend one on an established sand bed or will he be ok being target fed frozen every night?
The text book answer would be wait for the sand bed to become established. What happens if you buy one and he doesn't take flake or frozen? You would be buggered then.....
Old 19-03-12, 21:05
Angelfish

Quote:
The text book answer would be wait for the sand bed to become established. What happens if you buy one and he doesn't take flake or frozen? You would be buggered then.....
You find one thats already taking frozen

Ok, idea will be to remove the gravel, put in new sand bed, let the copepod/amphipod population build a little, then go find myself a new goby!

In the meantime, I will go satisfy myself by picking up my new 'cat' from Clearwater tomorrow

I don't believe you've bought anything in the last week Dave, are you slacking????
Old 19-03-12, 22:09
Great White Shark

Quote:
You find one thats already taking frozen

Ok, idea will be to remove the gravel, put in new sand bed, let the copepod/amphipod population build a little, then go find myself a new goby!

In the meantime, I will go satisfy myself by picking up my new 'cat' from Clearwater tomorrow

I don't believe you've bought anything in the last week Dave, are you slacking????
Satisfy yourself by buying corals? Blimey you DO like your corals don't you.

Cats are nice but I don't have room for one anymore. Very pretty but too aggressive. Perhaps we could start giving your corals names too? I suggest Naomi

BTW, who said I haven't bought anything?

I have 2 gorgonians being delivered on Thursday from Reefworks. A yellow one and a purple one .They should have arrived last Friday but I didn't get the delivery email on time to organise delivery and I'm not going to be home until Thursday.
Old 19-03-12, 22:28
Angelfish

Well it's an AMAZING pink tipped cat Always wanted one, and apparently, you can see 'Naomi'(?!?!) from the other side of the room....
We'll see.

Purple one? I saw a nice looking specimen in the classifieds the other day, had see-through purpley looking polyps too! Pics when you get them please!

Also, I looked back 6 pages and there are no pictures..surely that's against tank thread rules?

Last edited by alisont; 19-03-12 at 22:30. Reason: .
Old 19-03-12, 22:45
Moray Eel

Quote:
You would be buggered then.....
Quote:
Satisfy yourself
It certainly takes two to tango.

Bye.
Old 20-03-12, 00:49
Great White Shark

Quote:

I have 2 gorgonians being delivered on Thursday from Reefworks. A yellow one and a purple one .They should have arrived last Friday but I didn't get the delivery email on time to organise delivery and I'm not going to be home until Thursday.
Mine arrived last Friday Andy. They are really good. I received delivery email at 8.15 in the morning. The delivery company was spot on.
Old 20-03-12, 17:40
Help Team

Quote:
Ssshhhhh......! I don't want to scare them but 36 hours after removing the Regal it looks like my acans are starting to come out to play.

Fingers crossed!

Project: DREAM REEF

New to the site, new to reefkeeping or have a problem you can't get an answer to? Any Member can use the services of the Help Team you don't have to be new. The Help Team is a hand selected group of experienced volunteers all ready and willing to help out with all problems, be that reef or site related. No question goes unanswered, welcome to UltimateReef. Introduce yourself HERE, a warm welcome awaits. Ask for help and advice HERE.Want to read some great beginners articles? try HERE. To make use of our free private mentoring service, Help Team Confidential just post HERE.

Old 22-03-12, 17:37
Angelfish

Hows the Fem Wrasse doing, any new pics?