UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > Systems: > Nano Specific Questions

Nano Specific Questions For all questions and information relating to aquariums less than 30 gallons (130 lt).
Please use the Member's Tank Specs - Nano & Pico forum for your nano tank threads

Old 23-01-12, 17:37
Cleaner Shrimp

betta lifespace 90

hi im thinking of getting a betta lifespace 90lt tank but ive herd good and bad things about them. ive herd that the skimmer supplied with them is a pain and the hood with the lights on blow all the time could eny one tell me abit more about these tanks (if you have one or herd eny thing about them) meny thanks billy

also is there a club in or around grimsby area that someone could tell me about as i carnt find out nothing on the internet.
Old 23-01-12, 17:47
Angelfish

i have a betta lifespace 90l and they are good tanks

i only bought it in november
i may be selling it soon tho, and getting a custom tank

yes the skimmer is a pain but almost all nano skimmers are the same
so far ive had no problems with the light, and the fans are nice and quiet aswell

My Equipment: AquaOne 150w MH + 2x 24w T5 , Bubblemagus NAC6 , DIY Ro Phos Reactor , KNOP calcium Reactor , NUlight 225w Cheato light , 3000lph Return Pump

My Fish: Ocellaris Clownfish Pair , 3x Clown Gobies , Sissortail Goby , Cleaner Wrasse , Purple Firefish , Red Firefish

My Corals: Gbta & Rbta, Few of each Soft , Lps , Sps
Old 23-01-12, 19:13
Clownfish

Hi
I too have this tank and for the money I think its a great bit of kit.
The skimmer is a pain so I now use a V2 Nano skimmer which I picked up on a certain auction site for not a lot of money.
I have however been through a couple of hoods. The first one the fans kept sticking and then gave up. It was just out of warranty but a whole new hood including lights and bulbs was only 30 quid. My second hood had the lighting issue, they kept tripping the upstairs of the house. I have had that hood replaced under warranty.
Other than that I have had no issues with it.
Hope this helps
Jamie
Old 11-03-12, 14:06
Clownfish

Hi

I have a Betta 90 too, bought it from someone a few months ago.

When you got the V2 Nano skimmer, did you have any issues with it?? I bought one from that certain auction site too but the lid wont close properly because of the collection cup. and if i push it, it ends up disconnecting the collection cup from the body of the skimmer. I also dont know how to work the skimmer properly it the tank as whenever it goes below the water level it doesnt seem to generate many bubbles in it.

Help please!!!
Old 27-04-12, 20:15
Clownfish

i bought one second hand ,no idea what skimmer i have but its ok,had to solder a wire back on to 1 fan ,now ok.and also screws starting to rust in lid so got some selant to go over them,also put an extra power head in for a bit of extra kick,and a blue aqua ray flexi strip to add to the 3 led's in already which worked wonders for the nyt viewing
i think it is a good little set up though. 12 week on, running ok
Old 27-04-12, 20:20
Sea Turtle

Before I upgraded I had one of these tanks set up for over 2 years, it was a good little tank. I have a old tank thread on here somewhere and I'll find it out for you to have a look trough. The skimmer did break but I managed to run the tank skimmer less, the lights were no problem though

Rocky's 4ft Piece of the ocean (Now Closed)
http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=515130
Rocky's predator tank in wall turned Reef (Now Closed)
http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=446909
Rocky's Nano first dip into salty water (Now Closed)
http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=437855