UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > Systems: > Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient

Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient Post your questions, advice or experiences concerning these new methods. e.g. Prodibio, Fauna Marin and Zeovit

Old 27-02-12, 17:19
Octopus

Hi Chris84, yes you will start with the basics (start, bak, sponge power, stones & carbon) and will continue to use those forever. With regards to CS, AAHC, BM, CV etc you will only need to dose those if your tank/ corals needs it!

Welcome to the dark side, and rest assured you will have a nice collection of the blue stuff!!

Old 27-02-12, 17:26
Angelfish

Thanks Joe. I'm getting all excited now. You happy with the results so far?
Old 27-02-12, 17:30
Octopus

TBH yes, but it has been a struggle at times. Have a look on "zeovit" for my thread, "a little bit of a disaster" but nearly there now. It has been hard work and sometime very frustrating, but just like everything with this hobby its a learning curve.

Old 27-02-12, 18:26
Help Team + Hertfordshire Reef Club Contact

thanks chris i'll try sort out coming over at the weekend with the trumpet mate

New to the site, new to reefkeeping or have a problem you can't get an answer to? Any Member can use the services of the Help Team you don't have to be new. The Help Team is a hand selected group of experienced volunteers all ready and willing to help out with all problems, be that reef or site related. No question goes unanswered, welcome to UltimateReef. Introduce yourself HERE, a warm welcome awaits. Ask for help and advice HERE.Want to read some great beginners articles? try HERE. To make use of our free private mentoring service, Help Team Confidential just post HERE.

Old 27-02-12, 18:42
Help Team + Hertfordshire Reef Club Contact

just clicked mate still got some but you can still have the trumpet. can the stones be used in any reactor as long as they are agitated regularly or does it have to be the proper type

New to the site, new to reefkeeping or have a problem you can't get an answer to? Any Member can use the services of the Help Team you don't have to be new. The Help Team is a hand selected group of experienced volunteers all ready and willing to help out with all problems, be that reef or site related. No question goes unanswered, welcome to UltimateReef. Introduce yourself HERE, a warm welcome awaits. Ask for help and advice HERE.Want to read some great beginners articles? try HERE. To make use of our free private mentoring service, Help Team Confidential just post HERE.

Old 27-02-12, 19:33
Angelfish

It sure is. It's never ending the depth of what you can take this hobby to. I'm gonna have a read of your thread now on Zeovit... I know what you mean especially with costs and everything else... Sometimes it really is a lot of work to get the results but ultimately satisfying when you eventually achieve those expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe dredd View Post
TBH yes, but it has been a struggle at times. Have a look on "zeovit" for my thread, "a little bit of a disaster" but nearly there now. It has been hard work and sometime very frustrating, but just like everything with this hobby its a learning curve.
Old 27-02-12, 19:34
Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmoody View Post
just clicked mate still got some but you can still have the trumpet. can the stones be used in any reactor as long as they are agitated regularly or does it have to be the proper type
They can be run passively in the sump and moved twice a day if you want to try it without buying the full kit. I think any reactor is cool as long as they can be moved and has similar flow rates
Old 27-02-12, 19:52
Triggerfish

Hi Chris, I am running a full zeovit system and will happily share any info/dosing regimes with you, although every tank is different as you said itís nice to know as a starting point/reference.

my system has been up and running around 8 months now and ive been 100% zeo from the start, ive had my fair share of problems already and im still trying to get the dreaded brown film issues sorted but all in all im happy with the product, im that happy ive decided to set up my new frag system in the garage on zeovit which is getting wet as we speck this was originally going to run a deep sand bed.

The key to the zeo method as with most ulns products imo is patients and commitment, things donít happen overnight and it takes a long time to get your basic dosing regime correct.

What sort of system are you running?

Atb
Joe
Old 27-02-12, 20:10
Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin31ife View Post

The key to the zeo method as with most ulns products imo is patients and commitment,
Amen to that one Joe

Old 27-02-12, 20:34
Triggerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe dredd View Post
Amen to that one Joe
tell me about it