UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > Systems: > Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient

Probiotic and Ultra Low Nutrient Post your questions, advice or experiences concerning these new methods. e.g. Prodibio, Fauna Marin and Zeovit

Old 01-03-12, 09:55
Clownfish

Mixing blue bottles

I'm currently running NO3/PO4-X and have just started playing around with zeobac, zeofood and coral snow in conjunction with D&D powder foods daily and reef energy A&B every feew days (although I will probably drop the A&B when the bottles run out.)

When I dose is it ok to mix the zeobac, zeofood and coral snow into the same container if it is going to be dosed immediately and is there any benifit in leaving it to stand a little with the zeobac as in with some of the elements like zeozyme?

Also which of these should be kept refidgerated?
Old 01-03-12, 12:32
Octopus

If you are using a reactor then you should dose Bak in front of the pump, all the others I cannot see any problems. Bak has to be kept in the fridge along with Coral Vitaliser and Bio Mate, the others in a cupboard.

Old 01-03-12, 14:00
Clownfish

I'm running the red sea carbon so I just dose that into the first section of the sump AFTER the skimmer to let it mix as much as possible before circulating around the system. Any coral foods or anything (I guess including the snow, zeobac and zeofood) get dosed into the return pump intake so they are evenly distributed around my main tank and also my frag tank.

Also because I have cut all the zeobac, zeofood and coral snow suppliments into smaller 7 day dosages rather than once or twice weekly is it safe to mix the three in a container before dosing?
Old 01-03-12, 16:09
Octopus

As long as Bak is kept in the fridge and once added to your mix, it is put into the tank within 25minutes it should be fine.