UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Main Discussion Forums > General Reefing

General Reefing General discussion area for reefing topics

Old 05-01-13, 22:21
Triggerfish

Ecosmart software is an utter crock of s***!

Does anyone else find the Ecosmart software for the Radion a frustrating pile of s***?

My Vortech had came out of sync with my light, so I have just loaded the OS program for Ecosmart and ticked the Participation box to allow it to talk to the Vortech. After clicking 'Apply' it has apparently loaded the settings and applied them, yet my Vortech still has the Yellow ring not White. So the next thing I did was to reprogram it with my normal, unchanged program which I run, and the light isnt displaying the white LEDs which it is meant to! And it is still glowing Yellow not White!

So the next thing I did was pop onto the Ecosmart Live website, to see if that will be any better (). It may work if the Radion would connect and the site not keep displaying a box trying to find the Radion, even when I select it and click 'Done'.

For a company as big as Ecotech Marine, you would think that they could design some intuitive software that doesn't require you to open multiple programs just to connect something!

If I am doing something fundamentally wrong, please let me know - I don't mind looking stupid

The Radion is a cracking light, but the software is utter, utter s***!
Old 05-01-13, 22:24
Great White Shark

Mate , this has put me on a downer ... I'm due to get my unit on Monday ... Thought it would be cool to link to my vortech ...

Post your concern on ITC's section ,....

ubique quo fas et gloria ducunt
Old 05-01-13, 22:26
Moray Eel

Tbh I find it a breeze to use, i have 3 radions and 2 mp40.
Old 05-01-13, 22:27
Moray Eel

Maybe worth posting in the itc forum
Old 05-01-13, 22:30
Moray Eel

There must be some hardware issues somewhere, as i see folks having problems like this every now and then...

For me the software is a breeze to use, the only time its gone wrong is when numbnuts here has done something wrong like programming an individual light rather than the group.

Have you got any interference near the tank? WiFi Router? Plasma TV? And so on? And i mean generally with a few feet of the tank?
Old 05-01-13, 22:41
Triggerfish

The Plasma TV is 2' from the RH side of the tank, router is about 15' away.

I have managed to get it to connect on Ecosmart Live after having to delete my light group and start again but its still not programming it correctly (White LEDs should be on now) and the Vortech is still on Lagoon mode (W is lit up)

Why had my Vortech suddenly dropped out of sync though? It started yesterday as I noticed it last night.

I've just ordered an iMac so will try it on there but that will be going to live with the mrs until we get a house so ill need a pretty long USB lead!
Old 05-01-13, 22:51
Moray Eel

Have you got the Radion set in Artifical Mode (blue light) and not Natural Mode (green light)?

That one has tripped me up once or twice
Old 05-01-13, 23:12
Moray Eel

Ecosmart software is an utter crock of s***!

I found ecotech software comparable to riding a bike. One day you just get it! I completely understand your frustration....
Old 05-01-13, 23:58
Triggerfish

I've sorted the white LED issue now, that was my fault

But the MP10W still refuses to go into night mode, so I am stumped there completely.

One day I hope I do get the knack as it is a great light, there are just so many frustrations with the software that bug the life out of me
Old 06-01-13, 16:02
Angelfish

Have you setup night mode on the mp10. I believe you have to set it up first. Then in eco smart live tick the participation button. If you started with the software I would factory reset the units and start from scratch in ESL.