UltimateReef.com

Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Sponsors > ALF Ltd

ALF Ltd website: www.alfltd.co.uk/
Feedback

Old 08-03-13, 00:45
Cleaner Shrimp

CaribSea Instant aquarium live sand freshwater

Hi I was wondering if you can tell me where to purchase caribsea instant aquarium live sand for freshwater as it cant be found anywhere, all stores say out of stock ... any help greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-13, 02:40
Clownfish

try cockfields was in today sure they had some.
Old 08-03-13, 14:01
Sponsor

Caribsea do such a extensive range of products its impossible to keep everything .

http://www.caribsea.com/itempage_fre...ntaquarium.htm
Off the top of my head the only two we carry in stock all the time in that range are

Tahitian moon black
And
moonlight white sand
These are available through any retail store , if its one of the other substrates in the range then we can easily order and stock it if required , you would just need to speak to your local store and we can get some ordered for them .
Thanks
Shaun
Old 08-03-13, 15:12
Cleaner Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneymark View Post
try cockfields was in today sure they had some.
Thank's for the suggestion but they didnt have any in for freshwater it's very hard to come by.

Thank's again

Caz
Old 08-03-13, 15:17
Cleaner Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun@ALFInfo View Post
Caribsea do such a extensive range of products its impossible to keep everything .

http://www.caribsea.com/itempage_fre...ntaquarium.htm
Off the top of my head the only two we carry in stock all the time in that range are

Tahitian moon black
And
moonlight white sand
These are available through any retail store , if its one of the other substrates in the range then we can easily order and stock it if required , you would just need to speak to your local store and we can get some ordered for them .
Thanks
Shaun
Hi Shaun well I have to say it's not really available anywhere, Ive found contiki but that's gravel and I need sand, my lfs say's they cant get any so Im stumped I have tried all over the place by e-mail and telephone with no joy, nobody stocks it so I give up.
Old 08-03-13, 16:00
Sponsor

Ill put a link to this thread in the sponsors forum section to see if any of the stores on here keep either the Tahitian moon or the moonlight sand ,
I'm sure you will have a store nearby who won't mind getting you some in next week if you want it .
Old 08-03-13, 16:05
Cleaner Shrimp

Quote:
Ill put a link to this thread in the sponsors forum section to see if any of the stores on here keep either the Tahitian moon or the moonlight sand ,
I'm sure you will have a store nearby who won't mind getting you some in next week if you want it .
Thank's for your help Shaun.

Caz
Old 08-03-13, 16:15
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caznmelly View Post
Thank's for your help Shaun.

Caz
No problem , I've posted in the sponsor section , if you have no luck or none of the forum sponsors can help out by Monday just drop me a little reminder , I will contact the area representative for Manchester and surrounding areas. He will have a better idea where to get it around you .

Thanks again

Shaun
Old 08-03-13, 17:09
Cleaner Shrimp

Quote:
No problem , I've posted in the sponsor section , if you have no luck or none of the forum sponsors can help out by Monday just drop me a little reminder , I will contact the area representative for Manchester and surrounding areas. He will have a better idea where to get it around you .

Thanks again

Shaun
Hi again Shaun
Don't want to be awkward but I don't want black or white sand I wanted sunset gold sand which is impossible to get ... I have just e-mailed charterhouse aquatics to see if they can get some.

Caz
Old 08-03-13, 17:35
Sponsor

Ah ok I see , we'll that's why you can't find it as we don't import this line into the uk as standard stock sorry

We can get hold of this as a special order line for stores , but due to other lines being more popular we currently don't bring this one in as standard .
As always we review consumer demand and I will forward this link to the powers above to look into , unfortunately in the short term you will not get this sand in the uk sorry,
We do a range of freshwater aquarium sands but unfortunately not like the one you have requested with bacteria ect..
You could look to use a alternative product and then suppliment with a live bacteria like Seachem stability , Seachem also do onyx sand for freshwater aquariums , its designed really for planted tanks but will be fine to use In Just a fish only aquarium if that is what you are setting up , you may want to look at there range as we do bring in many of there lines also

Sorry I couldn't help more .
All the best
Shaun