Go Back   UltimateReef.com > Sponsors > ITC

ITC website: www.itcaquatics.co.uk
Feedback

Old 07-02-14, 08:38
Sponsor - ITC

Radion Gen 3 upgrade path

Hi
Sorry this has been a little delayed but here are the details

The upgrade changes the cluster to the new specification, the fascia changes are not backward compatible.

The Kits are diy and there are videos on the Ecotech website stepping you through the process. It is not difficult to do.

The upgrade from a Gen2 to Gen3 will cost 124.99 and it will be available from LFS and online stores in the next couple of weeks. From my perspective its the upgrade that makes the most sense in terms of getting the beneficial Pro Spectrum into you aquarium. I have had such positive feed back from users as to improved coral colour and growth from the Radion Pro spectrum.

The upgrade a Gen2 to Gen 3 Pro or Gen2 Pro will cost 205.00 again from LFS etc.
This would be a nice Pro power and spectrum boost if you need it. Or if you wanted to add wide angle lenses to fill out parts of the aquarium. If you have a G2 Pro the additional output comes from greater LED efficiency and the inclusion of the Oslon blue.

Gen 1 to Gen 3
This is a more involved upgrade and will only be available direct from ITC as we will also change out the board to the latest Rev. As much as the original board was designed to handle the current tech there have been lots of improvements to the design since the Gen1 and Ecotech want customers to have the best experience from their Radion. We will either offer this as a kit or as a send in upgrade the price will be the same if you feel happy to do the full strip down and board replacement but we will need to speak to you to ascertain what parts you will need as some Gen1 will have the newer boards. If you want to go to Gen3 or Gen 3 Pro then please pm me with a contact number and we can talk it through. The send in option will take up to 7 days and will cost 69.99 in addition to the kit cost.

I expect these kits to be in stores later in the month and will post when we have our stock.

regards Jez
Old 07-02-14, 09:23
Moray Eel

Gutted I upgraded mine to Gen1 Pro's too early

Will the Gen1's Sold off recently likely need the logic board replacing and how much would that add to the upgrade cost?
Old 07-02-14, 15:39
Triggerfish

not sure why the gen2 to gen3 is 125 and yet a gen2 pro to gen 3 pro would cost 205! :S thats a bit of a gaping hole ?
Old 07-02-14, 15:40
Angelfish

sorry jez am i missing something?? is the cost of the diy from gen 1 to gen 3 pro 205 and an extra 69.99 if you do it for us?

regards

chris

Last edited by chrisO; 08-02-14 at 12:47.
Old 08-02-14, 09:45
Cleaner Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisO View Post
sorry jez I'm i missing something?? is the cost of the diy from gen 1 to gen 3 pro 205 and an extra 69.99 if you do it for us?

regards

chris
I too would be interested in taking a couple of Gen1 to Gen3 pro but unsure of the costs, happy to go the DIY route and already have the lense upgrade..
Old 08-02-14, 09:53
Triggerfish

Will the new Gen3 lower the price of the upgrade path from Gen1 to Gen2?
Old 08-02-14, 12:02
Triggerfish

Im interested in going to gen 3s. Given the costs are you offering a discount on multiple units? Otherwise it would be cheaper to order them from America!
Old 08-02-14, 17:11
Angelfish

Not cool Ecotech!, Had gen 1's for a year…Then constant supply of upgrade after upgrade…Poor form and way to go to drain people of all funds!!!

Will not be going down the scotch route again…

Not bitter and not your fault either Jez!
Old 08-02-14, 17:21
Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwithchips01 View Post
Not cool Ecotech!, Had gen 1's for a year…Then constant supply of upgrade after upgrade…Poor form and way to go to drain people of all funds!!!

Will not be going down the scotch route again…

Not bitter and not your fault either Jez!
there will always be new developments at least we have the option to upgrade at a reduced cost than buying a complete new unit the gen 1s are still as good as the day you bought them but it you want to move with the tech you can. if you buy a new tv from currys for 1000 in 6 months you can get it for 500 or buy the latest for another 1000 with no option to upgrade the one you have.

Last edited by chrisO; 08-02-14 at 17:25.
Old 08-02-14, 17:31
Angelfish

there will always be new developments at least we have the option to upgrade at a reduced cost than buying a complete new unit the gen 1s are still as good as the day you bought them but it you want to move with the tech you can. if you buy a new tv from currys for £1000 in 6 months you can get it for £500 but you can't upgrade it[/QUOTE]

Exactly at least you have the option to upgrade at reduced cost compared to a new unit. I think £125 is pretty fair to be honest. Technology evolves you buy a phone a month later there's a new one that's just how it go's